If you love everything to do with birth and want a fulfilling and lucrative career, I encourage you to become a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (international certification). I teach the only Lamaze-accredited childbirth educator training course in Israel, AND it’s in English. After completing my course you are eligible to sit for the Lamaze International exam held twice a year in Jerusalem and around the world. The course material adequately prepares you for the exam. After passing the exam, you will be a Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE) – the gold standard in childbirth education (see www.lamaze.org ).
The course includes women from different religious backgrounds and communities around Israel and includes information on how to set up your own business. Graduates of my course have found creative ways to have successful businesses, e.g. teaching online courses, private courses, group classes or offering childbirth education as part of a doula package. One graduate served on the Board of Lamaze International and, as of November, 2021, she is the President of Lamaze International!!! Her career started in this course and then skyrocketed! It just goes to show that the sky’s the limit for what one can do with this training.
The next course will take place in October, 2022. Space is extremely limited to enable individualized attention.
Acceptance requirements: On the basis of a personal interview and relevant background (you do NOT have to be a birth professional).
Competency Statements for LCCE Educators
A Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator (LCCE):
• Promotes the childbearing experience as a normal, natural, healthy process which profoundly affects women and their families.
• Assists women and their families to discover and to use strategies to facilitate normal, natural, and healthy pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early parenting.
• Helps women and their families to understand how complications and interventions influence the normal course of pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, and early postpartum.
• Provides information and support that encourages attachment between babies and their families.
• Assists women and their families to make informed decisions for childbearing.
• Acts as an advocate to promote, support and protect safe and healthy birth.
• Designs, teaches, and evaluates a course in Lamaze preparation that increases a woman’s confidence and ability to give birth.
Why become certified by Lamaze International? Since 1960, Lamaze International has been the leading provider of evidence-based education programs that prepare childbirth educators to teach with skill and confidence. The Lamaze Certification Program meets the highest standards for validity, reliability, and fairness and is recognized as the only childbirth educator training program accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA), the accrediting body of the National Organization of Competency Assurance (NOCA). NOCA also accredits the certification programs of the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBCLC) and the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
Following is an article published in the In Jerusalem supplement of The Jerusalem Post on September, 2011, about the first Lamaze-Accredited Childbirth Educator Training course that took place in Jerusalem from February – June, 2011: “A Push for Coexistence”